Nathan Huynh is an attorney with over 9 years of experience in intellectual property law. His diverse experience comes from having served as in-house counsel for Weatherford International, supervising over 10 national and international firms in the prosecution of patent applications and managing all IP matters for one-quarter of all product lines, together having generated over $4 billion in total revenue.
Registered to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), Mr. Huynh has experience in patent and trademark procurement, including preparing and prosecuting applications filed in the USPTO and supervising the prosecution of applications in foreign countries.
His patent practice has covered a wide range of consumer products and oil and gas product lines for Artificial Lift, Wireline, MWD/LWD, Software, Geoscience, Optical Sensing, Hot Work, and Production Optimization. Those products apply a broad range of technologies including signal and seismic processing, data compression, RFID, short-hop telecommunication, analytics systems, hydrocarbon analyzers, fiber optics, swellables, sand control, directional drilling, rotary steerables; downhole 3-D imaging applying nuclear particles, magnetic resonance, or resistivity; drones; and electronic wearable devices.
Mr. Huynh's IP practice spans the entire invention life cycle from invention disclosure to post-grant, with activities including patent landscaping, freedom-to-operate studies, patentability studies, and negotiating and drafting of licensing agreements.
- University of Houston, received B.S. in Computer Science in 2014.
- Thurgood Marshall School of Law, received Juris Doctorate in 2012.
- University of Houston, received MBA in 2001.
- University of Houston, received B.B.A. in 1997.
- Elliott & Polasek, PLLC (2017-present);
- Patterson & Sheridan, LLP (2015-2016);
- Weatherford International (2009-2015).
- State Bar of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- American Bar Association
- Asian American Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Intellectual Property Law Association
- State Bar of Texas